- Rose Parade Information
- About Us
- Fundraising Committee
- Upcoming Competitions
- Student Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Resource Links
- Contact Us
- Site Map
4700 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly VA 20151
Activities Hotline: 703.488.7500
"Where the Big Dogs Play"
Message from the Director
(June 2, 2013)
To all members of the Westfield Band Family,
I just dropped Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins off at the Hyatt in Reston after spending a relaxing breakfast with them this morning. They could not stop talking about the weekend and the the concert last night. They were stunned. They were speechless. They were impressed. Mr. Jenkins said that WOW does not even begin to describe our program and what we have done here.
He was very impressed with the thought and detail that went into the visit and the concert. In fact, he went so far as to say that this weekend, so far of the 8 schools they have visited, would be in the top spot. I do believe all the elements came together to showcase our band and our wonderful students and parents.
So, in an effort to try and thank the numerous people who have made this past weekend a reality, please read on and accept my heartfelt thanks and gratitude. Last night was a highlight for me in my career and it would have not been made possible without you.
To the Westfield Wind Symphony---My heartfelt thanks for your talent and love of music. You were amazing last night.
1. The Band Booster Board-- you continually support me and allow me to pursuit me dreams and vision. You supported me when I asked to move the concert to GMU.
2. The Tournament of Roses Board--I cannot thank you enough for your leadership and dedication. Jim and Theresa Carpenter--THANK YOU!!
3. Media Day--To get on all three networks!! Amazing--Thank you Becky Anderson and Jennifer McLuney. Thank you to all the parents who volunteered to drive the kids downtown. Thanks to the students who were at school at 4:30am. You did a great job.
4. Thanks to Kim Afferton and her team for organizing the events of the Presidential visit. All of the parents and students who helped at lunch and the gala concert...THANK YOU!! John and Beth Cleveland for hosting us at your house....what a wonderful evening.
5. Sue Comer and her team for putting on a wonderful breakfast! Bravo!
6. Sue Lang-Butler and Theresa Carpenter for handling the awards.
7. Lisa Curtin for her talent in designing the program and other things we have needed. WOW!
8. Jim Carpenter and ESC for donating so much of our printing costs.
9. Judi Edmondson and Sarah Barton and all those who volunteered to help collect donations and have helped in fundraising. Great job.
10. Mike and Tammy Cross for getting our first order of spirit wear in in time...Awesone!
11. Jessica and Andres Arrango for handling equipment last night.
12. Theresa Carpenter for reaching out to other local choirs and organizing them for last night's stunning Distant Land performance.
We have much to do in the next 7 months. If you have not stepped up to help out yet, now is the time. We have coming up...Celebrate Fairfax, summer car washes, and alot of money to raise.
I remain humbled and blessed to be your director. Thank you for making my Dreams Come True!