Band Director's Expectations
Steve Panoff, Band Director
- Students are expected to attend all after school rehearsals for ensembles in which they participate. A schedule of events will be given out well in advance. Work schedules should he adjusted accordingly.
- Excused and unexcused absences/tardies will be determined by the guidelines outlined in the school attendance policy. Students should bring excuse notes for any absences or tardies. If a student has a conflict, they should make arrangements with the director before hand.
- Remember, that ALL practices and performances are part of your grade. If there are any conflicts with a scheduled event or practice, you must inform the director. ONLY the director will excuse absences.
- If you are thinking of scheduling something, just check with me first to avoid issues. A schedule of band camp and marching dates are enclosed. We will rehearse on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the afternoon and Wednesday evening for marching band.
- The concert schedule will follow a similar pattern, except each band will rehearse on a particular day of the week.
- Students are expected to participate in daily rehearsals.
- Students are expected to practice at home on a regular basis.
- Students should try to secure private instruction, if possible.
- Students will be on time to class and conduct themselves in an orderly, musical fashion.
- Students should respect themselves, their peers, instructors, and the band facility.
- Students will attend all performances.
- Wind Symphony students are encouraged to audition for Regional Orchestra (info at www.vboda.org).
- Wind Symphony and Symphonic band students are required to audition for all district hand, participate in marching band, and participate in solo and ensemble.
- Concert Band Students are required to participate in solo and ensemble and are highly encouraged to participate in marching band.
- Students are expected to work hard and enthusiastically to achieve their highest level of musical potential.
- Students are expected to have FUN!!
- Participate in your child’s music education.
- Support your child’s music education.
- Come to all Booster Meetings.
- Come to all performances.
- Support the band director and communicate if there are issues.
- Parents are expected to have FUN too!!!